18 May 2006

What's going on in my mailbox?

Ok. No sooner than I made the last post about the peppers than UPS pulls up with a box from Cook's Garden containing...you guessed it...peppers. I can't find the order on their website so I must have done so under a different account. That's all I can figure. Even weirder, I can't even find the variety listed for sale on their website. Very strange but not so strange that I won't plant and enjoy them. They are an Italian grilling pepper called The Godfather. Here's the description from the Burpee site:
Sweet Pepper The Godfather
A classic Italian grilling pepper.
It's gorgeous in the garden and delicious on the plate. Plants are loaded with huge, meaty peppers. The best yield and the biggest fruit (7") you'll get from a frying pepper. Traditionally used green, they're even sweeter when red, about two weeks later. Try some fresh in salads too. Burpee exclusive. Days to maturity, 64, is from time plants are set in garden. For transplants add 8-10 weeks. Space plants 18-24" apart. Grow in full sun.

No comments: