14 May 2006

Peter Piper (thought he) purchased a peck of planting peppers

I thought I had ordered my peppers from Cook's Garden along with all my other seeds. I "remember" reading that they would be shipped as plants rather than as seeds when the frost free date for our area had been reached. So, I've been watching the mail each day, hoping they would arrive. Except that when I went back and checked the receipt, I never actually ordered them, I just thought I had. Ughhh...

With that realization, my son and I packed up and went to Lowe's to see what was left. I was pleasantly surprised to see that several varieties remained and we had plenty of healthy looking plants to choose from. I picked out several different varieties. Reds: The Big Early, Red Hot Chili, and Pimento Morron Dulce (2), a sweet variety. For greens I got Giant Marconi and Fajita Bell. I also picked up a couple of planters to match the others so I can expand the herb section with Parsley and Peppermint. My wife also wants some Thyme but Lowe's didn't have any. Our local farmer's market should have it soon.

All these purchases, plus a new watering can and a medium bag of potting soil added another $58 to the garden budget. The new tally is now $517.50.

No comments: