08 April 2006

Miscellaneous accounting

I realized that there have been some expenses I've not recorded. On 3/25 I spent $25.45 at Southern States for odds and ends like a measuring cup, seed starter soil, powdered Miracle Gro fertilizer (two kinds, one of which is a tomato specialty formula), a trellis netting that I'm planning to use for training hop vines, and some pole bean seeds for James' bean teepee.

The rest of the seeds were ordered off the internet and came from The Cook's Garden. With shipping, that totaled $55.35 and includes the Wall-O-Water and some peppers that will be shipped later not as seeds but as plants. Other than that, I've spent $9.95 on a box of 75 landscape fabric pins (I already had the fabric which I'm planning to use for weed control), $6.77 on five more bags of topsoil for the new smaller bed (more on this later), $23.01 on four hop rhizomes from Northern Brewer, and about $5 for a bag of mulch (can't find the receipt even though it was only about eight hours ago). That brings my project total to $416.18.

No comments: